Wednesday, May 6, 2009

L is for Looking Up

Jake has been sleeping late the last few days so I have been able to watch a little of the morning news shows. I saw an interview with Michael J. Fox about a book he just wrote -
Always Looking Up: The Adventures of an Incurable Optimist.
It reminded me about the award I got for Optimist of the month when I was in high school. I hope that I still earn that title most days. He also talked about finding happiness in each day and said that his happy moment for that day was going to be when the kids get off the bus and hearing about school and helping them with their homework - he said it was the music of life.
I have been busy getting ready for the Relay for Life - our team had a garage sale this weekend and raised over $1200! I am looking forward to hearing other people's cancer survivor stories and being inspired to keep looking up!

No comments: