Saturday, January 10, 2009

More on my list

I have completed 9 treatments and have just started to feel a little internal burning in my ankle. It is hard to wait to get them all done. I need to work on my thankful list so I don't get depressed, so here goes 11 - 20

11. God - this list is not in order and I did not forget you!
12. Catholic Church - I love the traditions!
13. Cookies - I am going to enter a cookie baking contest - I have always wanted to do this and I have already tried my first test batch - yummy!
14. Cameras - I love taking pictures - I realized that I did not take a picture for almost 3 weeks after I found out I had cancer - makes me sad to think that I was so lost in fear that I did not think to do something that makes me happy.
15. Mail - I have been getting many get well cards and packages - this helps keep my spirits up - I also enjoy emails.
16. Lotion - I have always loved lotions with wonderful smells - now I have one that does not smell for my ankle, but it seems to be working well for my skin.
17. Birthday Cake - Always brings a smile to my face and I get to take pictures!
18. Sand - hot or cold between my toes - wet or dry - run or walk - you always take some home to clean out of your car - leaves good memories.
19. Ocean - where you find the best sand - always changing - could stare at it for hours.
20. Seagulls - I used to not even look at these birds and then last weekend they were always on our balcony - one morning William and I stepped out to get a closer view and the seagulls swarmed us - we both jumped back in surprise and starting laughing - I guess they were looking for breakfast, but we had none for them - one that we studied closely had a bent toe - they normally have 3 toes - we walked on the beach and found the seagull prints with 2 toes and knew who they belonged to - cool!

3 comments:

bethany said...

Lisa,
Your list has inspired me to be more mindfull of the things that I love in life. I will have to start a praise list on my blog :)

bethany said...

There will be a day- Jeremy Camp

The Rambler said...

Lisa, here is a church tradition for you, we were at San Juan Bautista Mission today where masss has been said daily since 1797!
love, Dad