Thursday, January 1, 2009

L is for lists, lists and more lists.

Both my husband and I love lists - we enjoy making them and then crossing off what has been accomplished. On New Year's Eve I started thinking about a New Year's Resolution List - I don't usually make one of these lists, but I have been doing a lot of things lately that I don't normally do. As I was thinking about my list I remembered some people have lists of 100 things they want to do before they die - I do not feel like this would be a good list for me, I already have my list of songs , I have a list of people that are going to drive me to my treatments, I have a list of groceries, I have a list of doctors, but someone told me they are inspired by their list of 100 thing they are thankful for and praise God everyday for these things - this is a much better list for me, so I want to start one - I think I will just do 10 right now and then add as I want to.

Lisa's Thankful List

1. Rainbows - I saw one when I was driving to my first radiation treatment and it made me smile.
2. Family - I am so blessed with so many wonderful and supportive family members.
3. Friends - I am equally blessed with old and new friends helping and praying for me.
4. My boys - they always find a way to make me laugh everyday.
5. Books - I am always more focused and relaxed when I am reading a book - my favorite part is always the middle.
6. Tea - I stopped drinking coffee and soda - so now I drink at least 3 cups of tea a day.
7. Music - I love my list of songs - reminds me of how much I am loved.
8. Baths - I usually am a shower person, but one of the radiation nurses said I should take a bath, so I don't drop the shampoo bottle on my foot or don't hurt my skin from the pelts of water. The doctor had already told me to soak my foot for 20 minutes a day to increase the circulation, so why not my whole body. People say that baths are relaxing, but I am still working on that. I know this is more detail than you need, but I am trying to convince myself that I am thankful for baths because I miss my showers.
9. Birds - I love to watch them - some how they make me happy - I love hummingbirds and the sound they make when they fly.
10. Seasons - My son Luke asked me the other day what was my favorite season, he guessed it would be spring because he knows I love flowers, but I told him fall because I love to see the leaves change color, he said he likes Winter for snowball fights - I decided not to remind him that the snow is rare in Dallas, Oregon. I also love summer - going to the beach and building sandcastles with my boys.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

What a great idea! And lovely things to be thankful for.
Why not combine a few of them, and take that book into the bath!! Makes the time go ever so fast.

NancyP said...

ah....a cup of tea, a good book, music, all while taking a bath...