Monday, December 29, 2008

L is for laser

I had my first radiation treatments today. It was painless but very strange to have lasers pointed at my ankle - kind of felt like a bad sci-fi horror film. My schedule will be 8:50am Mon-Fri, except New Year's Day. This will last about 6 weeks. I also meet with my radiation doctor every Monday so he keeps up with my progress. This week Bud is watching the boys and next week I will drop Jake at Bud's work , but by week 3 I may need drivers and babysitters - I will be making calls or emails soon. Sorry to my loyal fans that I have not posted for a week - very busy with Christmas and then my brother got married on Saturday - both were filled with wonderful moments!

4 comments:

NancyP said...

Good to hear from you...trying to picture that bad sci fi scene with the lasers! I'm thinking about getting a tatoo like yours on my left ankle as a show of solidarity!

Tracy said...

LISA! I thought of you all day! I like the idea of the tattoo to show solidarity. It is a henna one, right? Where did you get yours, Lisa?

L is for ... said...

I got my henna tatoo at Saturday Market in Portland in August. It starts out as a black liquid that drys and then peels off in a day, but leaves you skin tanned for about 2 weeks. I would not recommed a real tatoo, my three little dots were very painful. Thanks for the support!

NancyP said...

I'm going for the real thing but I guess I had better make sure I get it on the correct ankle... I said left ankle but the right ankle is the correct ankle isn't it? I was think of an "L" for Lisa....