Monday, December 22, 2008

L is for little tattoo




















This morning I had my simulation appointment for radiation. They did a CAT scan of my ankle and created a foam impression that will hold my foot in the same position for each treatment. They also gave me 3 tattoos. Pictures of my right ankle - the tattoos are the tiny dots - the marks are permanent marker to help them find the dots. If you ever wondered if a tattoo on the ankle is painful - I can say yes! The other picture is of the henna I had done on my left ankle when I turned 40 - much less painful and fun! I also braved driving in the snow and ice - I have done this many times in Wisconsin so it does not make me nervous - it is the other drivers I worry about. Very beautiful to see everything covered in snow - I have been trapped in the house for a week with 3 boys so I was a little giddy to get out and thought it was funny to have my break be at the doctor - I always try to pretend I am at the spa!

4 comments:

NancyP said...

awww...what a cute ankle! glad your "break" went well...stay warm in the snowy weather and i hope your power stays on~ great list of songs by the way! much love....

Unknown said...

Finally peeking at your blog. I love the snowman. What fun for you and the boys. Glad to hear you didn't have to start your radiation this holiday week. I like your henna tattoo better! See if the radiation techs suggest any specific cream to moisturize the skin in the area. That might help with external irritation.
Praying......

Kim said...

Hi Lisa, gotta love those ankle poses--nice henna tatoos! Your boys are adorable--I haven't seen them in so long--they have grown a lot! I am so happy you are finding the strength to stay positive and fight this big "C". I will try to think of an inspirational song! Please let us know if you need anything at all and I will keep in touch--Love, Kim

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa, ever since I found out about your blog, I frequently check in to read how you are doing. Glad to "read" that you are all in great spirits and enjoying each and every single day. Hope you, Bud, and the boys had a wonderful Christmas and, with God's blessing, a healthy and love-filled New Year!

Tita Miriam