Thursday, December 18, 2008

L is for Radiation???

I met my radiation Doctor in Salem today. He was very nice and very confident in the effectiveness of radiation. They will do the radiation simulation on Dec 22nd and then start radiation on Dec 29th. I will need 33 treatments - about 7 weeks Monday - Friday. They will try schedule for morning appointments. He is not very worried about me being fatigued but said the skin around my ankle will hurt and might want to have a cane to walk about 3 weeks into the treatment. Merry Christmas and happy last minute shopping!

2 comments:

NancyP said...

And so we move forward!! glad you met the doctor and liked him...that is half the battle. I have a cane you cane borrow but maybe we should find you something more snazzy!

Becky Chasse said...

Hi Lisa,

I got your letter today and was very surprised and saddened to hear about your cancer. One of Claire's grandmothers is very ill with cancer now. But I don't think of friends my age having cancer.

I think your blog is an excellent idea. I'm the newest member of your cheering section eager to hear how the cancer is being contained and how you and your family are coping. I appreciate hearing about William, Luke, and Jake, the gingerbread house, and the snow. It's times like that that truly make life special.

Sending a big hug, get-well prayers, and best wishes from NE Portland! Also sending a hug to Bud... what a tough, tough year.

Love, Becky