Tuesday, December 16, 2008

L is for lasting memories










After I found out I had cancer I cried for 3 days and then decided to tell my boys. I did not want them to hear me talking about cancer and be afraid. I have decided if cancer is not a secret then it can not hurt me. I had to stop crying to tell them so they would not worry - they all took it very well and were back to playing like normal in no time. I am always amazed how kids just roll with the punches. I have also been trying to find a moment each day that I can say this was a great day and thank you God for this moment. On Sunday we had snow - this only happens once a year in Dallas, Oregon and then usually not enough to play in - so we made sure we made the most of it and made a snowman. As you can see these are pictures of my boys - my three bright lasting memories everyday! That snow has now melted and been replaced by snow that is too dry and cold to build anything - grab those moments when you can. The boys are on their second snow day off from school and getting bored - time to work on my moment for today.

No comments: