Monday, December 8, 2008

L is for listening

Fun news first is that I got my ipod today and have been happily listening to all the songs suggested for me. Thanks - keep the songs coming! I went to OHSU today for my PET scan. I had to not eat for 6 hours before my scan which was at 2pm - so I had to not eat after 8am. Anyone that knows me well knows that I get cranky when I am hungry, but I did pretty good - the hard part was lunch with Jake before I left - he really wanted me to eat something - so I had to listen to him complain about me only drinking water. Jeanettte was kind enough to drive me and my Dad stayed with the boys for the afternoon. Before the scan they inject you with radioactive glucose and then tell you to take a nap for an hour - also anyone who knows me knows that I do not like naps - he would not even let me read my book or listen to my new ipod - so I had to listen to silence. The PET scan would have gone smoothly except that the computer would not listen to the tech - so it took four trys before he could get it to start - I had to lay still with my hands over my head for at least 1/2 hour, but this machine makes no noise compared to the MRI. You have lots of time to think when you are in these machines, but you are supposed to relax - I of course thought about my cancer - I felt really good that I made it to 40 years old with any surgery, now I have had more tests done than I ever imagined would happen to me - life changes so quickly. I saw my radiation doctor in the hallway and he told me that he did call Salem Hospital - now I just get to wait for them to contact me with my radiation schedule. I know that God is listening to all your prayers! Thank you!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Lisa, I just wanted to offer my encouragement and prayers for you and your family. Please, please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. I'm at home most days if you ever need a place for your boys to go, I am more than willing. I'll keep in touch, and we will all be praying for you!

Norma L. said...

Hi Lisa, I pull up your blog everyday since Joyce sent it to me.Thank you so much for keeping us informed. You are in our prayers everyday and I have shared your story with a few of my friends who are holding you up in their prayers daily.

We send our Love to you and your family. Give those wonderful boys a hug for us. Norma & LaVerne