Monday, February 16, 2009

L is for lack of radiation treatments

I saw my doctor this morning and he is having me take another week off from radiation treatments. I agree that another week off will be good, my skin looks bad, but it looks worse than it feels. I am starting to think that they have already killed every cancer cell that was there. I will see the doctor again next Monday and he will decide if I need a few more treatments or if I am done.

I now need to decide what to do while I am waiting this week. I know I need to rest, but I also have boxtops and labels to clip and submit for the grade school. I have friends coming over on Tuesday to help with that. I have also had several people tell that I should be a writer, so I am thinking about writing a children's book - any ideas for me?

Keep the healing prayers coming - I know I feel them!

4 comments:

The Rambler said...

Dad & Jeanette say, that it sounds like a relief to not have treatments again this week.

NancyP said...

Lisa~ How about starting your writing career with a children's book...you have done such a good job with your kids and your cancer...bet it could help and inspire others. Take care... Blessings~Nancy

Becky Chasse said...

Hi Lisa,

How about a book about three brothers and what they like to do? (I guess that's why I'm an accountant instead of a writer.)

How do you feel that your treatments have been postponed? Relieved? Unsettled? How is your wound healing? Thinking of you! Becky

L is for ... said...

Hi Becky - I think I am still sorting out my feelings about being on a break - I am very anxious to be all done. My skin started to blister and now drain - so it is even more gross than before, but I know that it is all part of the healing process. Thanks for the book idea.
Lisa