Monday, February 23, 2009

L is for Lisa gets to decide

I met with my radiation Doctor this morning. He says that my skin is healing well. Last week it blistered and then drained. He said to come back in two weeks and I can decide if I want more treatments. Studies show that 6,000 units is what you need - I have had 5,000. It could have gotten all the cancer, but there is no way to know - if I get another tumor they would want to amputate. So...I can get 1,000 more units (5 treatments) or just be done. My first thought was Yeah! I am all done, but since I have thought about it and feel like I am healing well I say BRING IT ON!

2 comments:

Robin said...

Good for you! At least then you would know you've done all you could at this stage. Peace of mind is a good thing! Love, Robin

The Rambler said...

I echo Robins comment. Jeanette would add, --- she thinks you are a good writer, well so do I!