Wednesday, February 11, 2009

L is for longer list

Working more on my thankful list - here is 41 - 45



41. Valentines - the boys have been getting ready to give them at school - they decided I should have the Batman one that says "Have No Fear" and the Power Ranger one that says "Jump For Joy" - I told them I will jump for joy when my treatments are done!

42. Silly Books - I have always enjoyed books, but love when I read to my boys and we can laugh together - Luke's current favorite is Captain Underpants - I would never have been caught reading this when I was a girl, but as a mom of 3 boys I am starting to understand potty humor.

43. Power Rangers - this is also something I never understood, but enjoy learning with my boys - they like to have me quiz them at dinner time - what color ranger is Cole?, what power rangers are brothers?, etc.

44. Pokemon - also something that I don't think I would have liked as a girl, but enjoy listening to them play doing pretend attacks and all 3 sometimes play nice. I still don't understand the cards and the trading, but they love to do that with friends - Jake even has some cards.

45. Imagination - I played with Jake for an hour yesterday and we used no toys and I was able to sit on the couch with my foot up - I was either Storm or Kitty and he was Logan or Bobbie - Can you guess what we were playing?

Radiation Update - my skin is burnt and hurts - sometimes wakes me up at night - it still does not hurt to walk other than the skin being tight - the incision site is still a little oozy and kind of looks like a vampire bite. My boys still say it looks freaky!

4 comments:

Becky Chasse said...

Hi Lisa,

I'm enjoying your thankful list. We continue to talk every night as a family about 3 things we're thankful for. It's a good perspective to have and I thank you for reminding me about the practice. I laughed at the "pokemon" being on the list. We too have read "Captain Underpants". It's amazing how many Oregon authors there are. They are pretty funny books. Thanks for keeping us up to date on how all is going!

NancyP said...

Hey Lisa~ Hang in there girlfriend. Your thankful list is awesome...and no matter how "freaky" your ankle looks, it's still looks like a model ankle to me! God Bless.

RJ said...

You and Jake were playing X-Men.

L is for ... said...

RJ is correct Jake and I were pretending to be X-Men - there is a new cartoon - Wolverine and the X-Men.