Thursday, February 5, 2009

L is for later

I met with my Doctor this morning and he told me that he wants me to take a break from treatments. He will look at my skin again on Feb 16th and then decide if I should take another week off or start that day. My ankle does look bad and is starting to ooze - it looks worse than it feels - I am still walking fine and feeling no need for pain medications - I use two special creams on it and soak it for 20 minutes each night and then apply a gel type patch (what they use for burn patients) - I leave the patch on for 2 hours . I think I only have 7 treatments to go, but the Doctor just said we will see. So I get to keep up taking good care of myself and I am getting pretty good at that. My boys have learned to save me steps and I am getting better at asking them to do what they can. My Mom is coming for a few days while Bud has meetings out of town and my neighbors and friends are still bringing food and driving me when I need to just get out. I need to work more on my thankful list - maybe I can get that done while I am not riding back and forth to Salem next week.

No comments: